7.03.2012

Lentil Salad

We are finally into the summer squash season in Cleveland! I love to grill pattypan or sautee it, or even stuff it. Today I went to the Tremont farmer's market and picked up some pattypan and broccoli from Maple Crest Farm (our neighbors at the Geauga Fresh market) to add to my dinner. 

This meal was an effort to use up some things in my fridge and pantry. It consisted of french lentils, cucumber, sauteed pattypan and broccoli, fresh mint, feta cheese, a shallot, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and s + p. Some of the best meals come out of using up what you have.  Lentils are versatile and take on a variety of flavors very well. I easily could have added peppers, avocado, chickpeas, parsley, you name it. I am a firm believer that almost any combination of any vegetable makes a great salad with just a little bit of olive oil and vinegar, s + p!  Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment