8.28.2011

Beauty

This week at the market I was particularly struck by the beauty of everything that we had brought to sell. We have gotten into a routine of how we display our products and I felt very proud of my family. From the huge heads of cabbages to the green beans to the flowers, we grow everything and are able to provide a product that people really appreciate. It has been fun to see the regulars and I think we are finally establishing a customer base.

Endeavor Farm's market display

Ivory Egg Tomatoes, Onions, Green Beans, Heirloom Tomato Mix

It is hard to believe that September begins this week. It hit me when my hands were actually cold picking the basil on Saturday morning and a vendor brought pumpkins to market. The summer has gone by quickly and I feel like we accomplished a lot but are really just starting our endeavor to farm. I am already looking forward to next year so that we can make changes and try some new things. I think we will be even better prepared next year because we are all learning and have all of the bitter Cleveland winter to plan for the spring.

Flowers

Sedum, Zinnias, Ageratum

The season is far from over though and we still have lots of work ahead of us. We still have another crop of lettuce and spring mix to plant as the temperatures drop and we hope our second planting of broccoli doesn't disappoint. Lots more to come in the next few months!!

Savoy Cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment